Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A story to share

I have to share what happened today to me. I think it proves that there are usually no coincidences. So this morning Chris and Noah were still at the hospital, but I had made an appointment at the Steinbach walk in for myself because I am still not feeling great with this pneumonia and yesterday was my last day of antibiotics. I wanted to make sure that I was on the right path to healing before Noah came home.

I was originally going to make an appointment with my new dr in St. Anne, but for some reason I just called the walk in in Steinbach. Made an appointment with any dr they gave me. I almost cancelled because I knew Noah would most likely be coming home and I would have to go pick them up, but I really wanted to get checked again to see if I needed another round of antibiotics, so I kept it.

When I called, I asked if they had an isolation room that I could wait in because I would have Holly and Coltan with me, and I explained the situation with Noah and told her I couldn't risk sitting in a full waiting room of sick people. The lady on the phone was very nice and said she would pass on the request. I ended up being able to leave my kids with my mom and so I went to my appointment alone. When I registered I inquired about the isolation room. The nurse brought me into a room immediately and told me that if I hadn't asked about this that I would have had to wait over an hour to see the Dr, but that he had agreed to see me next rather than making me wait. I thanked her numerous times, feeling a bit bad that I had been bumped up.

Then the Dr. came in. I had never before met this dr. He introduced himself to me and asked me what was going on. I explained the pneumonia, and the situation with Noah. He examined me, and thought I should probably go on another antibiotic for another week. Which is fine, I just want to be well for Noah.

He then looked at me, paused and I could see he wanted to say something. He asked me if he could ask me what my son's name was. I said of course, it's Noah. He then took another few seconds, and asked me if he could pray for us.

I looked at him, and my eyes filled with tears. Here is this man, that I have never met, put me at the front of the line, and now has asked to pray for my son. I was stunned. I of course said yes. He then proceeded to get down on both his knees, hold my hand and pray for a long time. Praying for healing, commanding the leukemia to leave Noah's body. I couldn't believe this. As I sat there, with this dr on his knees, holding my hand praying with such faith for my Noah. It was a moment that I will forever cherish.

After he was finished, he got off the floor and back on his chair. I looked at him and said I just dont even know what to say or how to thank you. He just shook his head, there was no need to. He told me that he has witnessed miracles happen countless times. That he has seen cancer disappear. He encouraged me to look up versus about healing and read them over and over.

I asked him if he was accepting new patients! He looked at me and said that he wanted to be honest, and that he had been here for 5 years and was totally booked full all the time. (I can see why). But he then said, if I ever needed to see him all I should do is call the office and tell them that I am not his patient but that he would see me or Noah anytime we needed.

Can you believe this?? I walked out of that office praising the Lord. God is here, He is alive and with us always. This I knew, but what a reminder today. I am not going to disclose this doctors name, for personal reasons. So please don't ask me. Just know that there are angels everywhere:)

1 comment: