We are feeling very defeated today. Feeling like our trip will never happen. Holly came down with a fever last night, sore throat, headache, no appetite and no energy. All signs of chicken pox. If this is the case, the boys will be at risk for getting them over our trip. This is awful. It feels as though we cannot get a break. It is constantly one thing after another.
We had just gotten the go ahead from the surgeon for Coltan to fly on Thursday. I was just starting to accept this and actually starting to think about the trip again. And now this. It's like we can't even process one thing before the next thing hits.
We have sent Holly to grandma and grandpa's for at least 2 nights. What good this is, we don't know. Honestly, how can we prevent this? I feel like a horrible mom for sending my poor sick little girl away. When all I want to do is hold her and take care of her.
We are so tired of doctors, and hospitals, and sickness, and the possibility of sickness. Its neverending. Ever.
We also just made the decision to pull the kids from school because of all the chicken pox outbreaks. Now I am wondering if it's all too late. Or just a big waste of time and energy.
Please pray for us. This trip is so important for us. But it feels like its just slipping away. Please pray that Holly will get better, her fever will break and it wont be chicken pox. Please pray that Noah and Coltan remain healthy. This is so stressful. So hard. Please pray that Chris and I can remain hopeful. It's really hard sometimes. Please pray that we remain positive and faithful, and hopeful.